Re: BT7 Frozen Engine.

To: rd_parker@juno.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BT7 Frozen Engine.
From: Chucknsueo@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 09:56:06 EDT
BP,

I unstuck the engine in my 67 BJ8 by squirting automatic transmission  fluid
into the spark plug holes and letting it sit overnight.  I then put  the
transmission in 4th gear and rocked the car back and forth until the engine
broke
free.  I was then able to fix all of the other problems (carbs  leaking at the
diaprhagm, crystallized antifreeze in the thermostat hole,  perished hoses
etc.) and get the engine to run.  It still smoked a little  bit on startup if
you let it sit for a week or two between startings, but  otherwise ran fine.  I
drove this car for 5 years and then took it apart  for restoration.  It is
still apart but now is painted awaiting reassembly.  The engine has been kept
in
my garage and still spins freely.

This was a car that I bought in 1990 and it had a PA inspection sticker  that
expired in 1984.  It sat outside under a tarp for several years  then was
moved to another location and sat uncovered on an asphalt pad.   .

Chuck Ott
Middletown DE
62BT7, 67BJ8, 67AN9

Subscribers,
My BT& 3000 Mk. I engine has not been in operation  since 1986; vehicle
garaged and protected from external elements. I am in  process of bringing
"Emma" back to life, statically. The power plant will not  rotate
'statically' ( by hand); starting system currently inoperative. I  have
tried to rotate the crankshaft manually,and she won't budge. Next step  is
to pump in some Marvel Mystery oil in each cylinder to attempt  a
breakdown of the blockage chemically (hopefully). The motor is  not
'broken', nor full of corrosion, as far as I can tell.
Has anyone  truly been successful with a similar situation; please share
with me your  story. I am a careful individual, and am not interested in
remedies that  would potentially destroy the workings. I will be trying
various techniques  in addition to the Marvel Oil, but I am sure someone
out there can provide  some wisdom.
Best Regards and Thanks for your Help,
BP.

Your  messages not reaching the list?