RE: Useless info

To: "'Simon Lachlan'" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>,
Subject: RE: Useless info
From: John Sims <ahbn6@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 17:22:30 -0400
Simon, useless is in the eyes of the spouse only. I have again been active
on eBay and have found photos of my old grade school (burned down in 1974),
my high school before it was remodeled years after I graduated (P poor job,
I may add), a photo album of Cal in the 50's when I was there (Go Bears beat
Stanford!) a map of the SF Bay Area before the freeway system was completed
and towns like San Ramon were a cow pasture and a figment of a developers
imagination, and Walnut Creek and Concord didn't have but one stop light,
the Winchester House in San Jose was out in the farmland not downtown as it
is now  but through which we drove our Healeys and other LBC's on all night
rallies that started at 4pm at Lake Merritt in Oakland and ended up in a
beer and pizza joint who knows where somewhere when the sun was rising on
the next day. Appears to be the same effing map I used in winning a rally!
Still have the trophy now have the map. Go figure! Second childhood, Darn
right! Anyone who says the 50's were drab didn't live through them!

For obvious reasons, I have these eBay items (as well as Healey purchases -
and now GPS) sent to a friend because my wife would give me a dinner of hot
tongue and cold shoulder with her usual comment of who cares -- that was 50
years ago. Guess that is the magic of Healeys. God, the 50's were great --
especially being a teenager in California. Can anyone spell American
Graffiti? BTW she grew up sitting on a stoop (steps to those who live
outside of NYC) in Greenwich Village, NY watching hippies.  But I love her
anyway.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com