RE: Ebay Help Question, Final

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Ebay Help Question, Final
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:20:27 +1000
 G'day

I know it's been a few days since this raged through the list but as I
have been away I thought my experience might assist.

Many would realise that some things I put to the list, I do so with my
tongue firmly implanted in my cheek but when it comes to misconceived
fallacies, misconceptions or just plain lack of knowledge there is
always some fair dinkum truth in what I write.

My wife and I trade on eBay quite a bit and have always found it a
pleasant experience (No I don't work for eBay or any subsidiary) except
for one occasion.

I bought a digital camera on a Friday night from a seller in Melbourne,
Australia. Being an honest sought of bloke I paid within 30 minutes by a
direct deposit from my bank account to the seller's. Then on the
following Sunday we received an email from eBay saying that the seller
had been deregistered. We never received the camera and as I had paid by
direct deposit I did not use a credit card or any sort of card so I
thought I had done my $$$.

I was wrong as I followed the eBay procedures about defaulting members
and made a claim by snail mail to an address in the US (Iowa I think)
and sure enough my Paypal account was credited with the amount claimed
within a few weeks.

I appreciate that many grumble about eBay but my experience with them
has been positive.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia