Time to do the door trimming - 100-4 originality...

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Time to do the door trimming - 100-4 originality...
From: Fiat500f@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 00:06:05 EDT
Hi again,
Ok, time to do the door interior trimming on my friends 1954 100-4.  I  have
the Moss interior panel kit.  Just a few detail questions that I just  can't
answer from the books I have (the Moment/Anderson book has GREAT text but
really poor photos).  The M/A book talks about the vinyl glued to the  inside
of
the door, but I'm not clear.
1.  Is it one piece of vinyl that covers the large section of the  inside of
the door AND the front
     and rear inside, AND the inside bottom?  The  front inside of the door
isn't very flat, with
     what seems to be a strengthening panel for the  door hinges.  Does all
this get covered
     too?  And how high up should the vinyl go at  the rear and front of the
inside of the door?
2.  The inside of the door of this car seems to be coated with a thin  layer
of what I think is
     tar.  Is that right, or should the vinyl be  glued straight to the paint?
3.  What is the rough order of assembly?  I'm thinking:
    a.  inner door vinyl
    b.  vinyl at the top of the door going up to  the aluminum top moulding
    c.  the inner door top vinyl trimmed  board
    d.  door seal fixed to the door panel  back
    e.  door opening pull cable trimming
    f.  door panel
    g.  side curtain top, center Tenax
    h. door bottom, horizontal rubber seal
    i.  door latch cutout chrome bezel
    j.  door front seal on main car body

Sound good?  Feel free to rearrange the letters.  Pictures  please!!
Sincerely,
Paul B.