Re: Time to do the door trimming - 100-4 originality...

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>, <Fiat500f@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Time to do the door trimming - 100-4 originality...
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 07:13:13 -0400
Paul,
See below plus pics:

----- Original Message -----
From: <Fiat500f@aol.com>
To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 12:06 AM
Subject: Time to do the door trimming - 100-4 originality...

> Hi again,
> Ok, time to do the door interior trimming on my friends 1954 100-4.  I
> have
> the Moss interior panel kit.  Just a few detail questions that I just
> can't
> answer from the books I have (the Moment/Anderson book has GREAT text but
> really poor photos).  The M/A book talks about the vinyl glued to the
> inside of
> the door, but I'm not clear.
> 1.  Is it one piece of vinyl that covers the large section of the  inside
> of
> the door AND the front
>     and rear inside, AND the inside bottom?  The  front inside of the door
> isn't very flat, with
>     what seems to be a strengthening panel for the  door hinges.  Does all
> this get covered
>     too?

Yes, it's all one big piece of vinyl that glues inside the door from the
wood strip down to the bottom, and turns to cover the forward hinge area,
and the rear inner casing area. See pictures for reference.

And how high up should the vinyl go at  the rear and front of the
> inside of the door?

It obviously goes only as high as the level of the wood strip.

> 2.  The inside of the door of this car seems to be coated with a thin
> layer
> of what I think is
>     tar.  Is that right, or should the vinyl be  glued straight to the
> paint?

All the trim should be glued onto a clean smooth painted surface.

> 3.  What is the rough order of assembly?  I'm thinking:
>    a.  inner door vinyl
>    b.  vinyl at the top of the door going up to  the aluminum top moulding
>    c.  the inner door top vinyl trimmed  board
>    d.  door seal fixed to the door panel  back
>    e.  door opening pull cable trimming
>    f.  door panel
>    g.  side curtain top, center Tenax
>    h. door bottom, horizontal rubber seal
>    i.  door latch cutout chrome bezel
>    j.  door front seal on main car body

Add: door inner bottom jute packing strip.

Rich Chrysler

> Sound good?  Feel free to rearrange the letters.  Pictures  please!!
> Sincerely,
> Paul B.

May06 pics 041.jpg]

May06 pics 039.jpg]