Re: Fuel consumption too high

To: "Christoph Schumann" <christoph.schumann@harmsen.utescher.com>,
Subject: Re: Fuel consumption too high
From: "Frenken, Eric" <efrenken@lctax.de>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 10:18:05 +0200
Hi Chris,

13mpg corresponds to 18liters/100km, right? That's way too much. There are a
lot of possibilities which can cause this high consumption. Ignition and carbs
are the most likely ones, but you said they've been checked. Did you also
check the advance curve of your distributor and the vacuum advance? If not,
this can make a tremendous difference.

I sell a new generation of distributors, suitable for your Healey, too. It is
the 123ignition, maybe you've heard about it. Everything is controlled
electronically, but it looks nearly original. The installation is a matter of
an hour, also for non-technical minded.

I installed this kind of distributor in my Healey and just came back from
holidays. I've done about 1,500 miles in 2 weeks, it didn't miss one beat and
the fuel consumption has been 12.5liters/100km (nearly 19mpg), occupied with 2
adults and lots of luggage. Had lengthy runs of twisted roads (Dartmoor,
England) as well as some Autobahn miles, which were done at 90mph.

Have a look on my website for more information or just call me (German spoken
;-)  ). Telephone number is on my website.

Regards

Eric
www.brits-n-pieces.com

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-pkcs7-signature which
had a name of smime.p7s]