RE: Video on Google

To: "'Bob Johnson'" <robert.w.johnson@charter.net>,
Subject: RE: Video on Google
From: "David Porter" <frogeye@swcp.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 18:38:56 -0600
As regards to the AC (Bristol/ACE/Shelby/et al.) They are in my humble
opinion the most sterling of all the period sports cars. They sit right,
drive right, sound right, feel right and look good too. I'd trade my very
nice BN2 for one in less than a heart beat if I could afford the difference
in price and it was a Bristol in particular.
 The engine sits way back in the chassis and may seem to the novice driver
as having too much of a yaw sort of feeling. Also the transverse leaf
springs impart a different sensation, but I can assure you that they will
out perform the Healey in nearly all respects save perhaps weather
protection (the tops were worse than Healeys) and now a days parts are
pretty dear and the all aluminum bodies are easily damaged.
 Please reply here if you have one you'd like to swap for...
Dave