Radiator shroud for a 100

To: List Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Radiator shroud for a 100
From: Ray Juncal <healeyray@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 00:26:32 -0700 (PDT)
Greg Lemon
    Greg your email address bounced back on me so I am using the list to
contact you.
    The radiator shroud came out pretty good.  A simple description looking in
with the grille removed is a triangular plate between the radiator and the
wheel tub and a quarter round plate 90 degrees from that to the inside of the
front shroud beside the grille opening.  I made up a four inch tube and welded
it into the triangle to the left of the radiator for the fresh air vent.  I
thought about one on the right for a cold air box.  It would be possible to
mount a K&N filter (4" tube, 6" O.D., various length straight or tapered ) if
the 4" tube was welded 2" on the grille side and 3"or 4" on the engine side of
the right hand triangle plate.  It might take a little fiddling to get it right
but shouldn't be too hard.  You need to be able to weld, cut and fold 18 ga.
(.044") steel.  I have a metal band saw, a tig welder and access to a finger
brake.  You could do the job with a jig saw and it could be brazed and not
welded.  I think a finger brake is a must.  A mat board
 (1/16" cardboard ) mock up to check the fit to your car is a good idea as
things are not always the same from one car to another.  Send me your address
and I'll send you a working drawing.
 Regards
 Ray Juncal