RE: Seat Covering

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Seat Covering
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 05:27:55 -0700
Hi, David -
When I covered the seats in my BJ8, I did both glue and rivet the ends of
the material to the metal portions of the seat where they don't show, except
where the upholstery clips could be used.  Glue alone will not take the long
term stress and keep the material in place.  Eventually, it will come loose.
If you rivet, I suggest using small washers under the heads of the rivets to
spread out the stress and help ensure that the material doesn't pull out
around the rivets.

Cheers!
Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666