tune up problems

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: tune up problems
From: "Jim Parish" <jimp@parishpartners.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 08:22:56 -0700
I have a minor tune up challenge. Starting my 1965 BJ8 has become near
impossible. Lots of cranking, only an occasional fire followed by the
starter releasing and winding up. After ten or so episodes where I get some
spitting through the carbs and a backfire or two, with the choke pulled out
as far as it will go, I get enough fire to keep the engine running at below
600 RPM. As it warms up, the RPM's increase to over 2000, and I can adjust
the RPM's down by releasing part of the choke. When fully warm the car runs
just fine from then on. During the startup process, while it is struggling
to run, I can put my had behind the exhaust and it will shortly be covered
with liquid, perhaps gas but not as strong smelling. Any suggestions?

Jim Parish
Parish Partners, Inc.
214-663-6000   mobile

8904 SE Porter Road