RE: gas tank repair/replace?

To: "Don Day" <fsufan1952@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: gas tank repair/replace?
From: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 09:34:48 -0500
Hi Don, new is probably better...but watch out.  Not all new tanks have
exactly the same dimensions as the original.  Here's my recent
experience on a new tank for a BN7 Mk1 from M+++.  The outlet elbow for
the fuel line was significantly higher above the tank's top surface such
that a new hole was required for the fuel line to pass thru the bulkhead
into the axle space.  This required troublesome body work to close off
the original hole.  Anyway, when we compared the new tank to the
original tank, the top-to-bottom dimension and the outlet elbow position
were clearly pretty different.  Just a heads-up for you.... good luck,
Jack