RE: Inside the tank

To: Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au, Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Inside the tank
From: mike brooks <hypercubic@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 08:27:50 +0100 (BST)
Patrick,

  Although it could be all sorts of other things, you could be right about
water in the tank. I got the same symptoms after a bad fill-up [water in the
filling station tanks - after I found out the problem I drained about an inch
of water from my tank]. The car wasn't a Healey, it was my Lotus 7 replica kit
car - its petrol pick-up is at the front of the tank so I got the symptoms you
described when coming to a halt at a road junction on a downhill. The engine
would falter on acceleration from the junction and then clear itself a few
yards down the road.

  Wouldn't hurt to wrap the exhaust as well. My BN2 got so hot under there one
day this summer that some grease I put on the handbrake linkage produced clouds
of white smoke after a few miles driving.

  Rgds

  Mike Brooks
  Milan Italy