Re: Jack

To: theswed@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Jack
From: Wwycoffbn7@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 13:52:09 EDT
Kenny,

The car's build date is sometimes a fair bit earlier than the titled  year.
No big deal.

It does make the jack answer more straightforward.  The ideal  jack for your
car would be a Shelley LJ21 with casting marks on one side  showing  "LJ21 60"
or earlier.  The casting shows a two-digit year of  production.  They have an
"L" shaped lifting surface.

The handle would be of two 7/16 inch, square sections, 14 inches  long.  The
driving end that goes into the jack would have one spring loaded  1/4 inch
ball.

These jacks show up now and then.  The handles -- not so  often.

There are also some LJ21 jacks without a year casting  mark that show up.  I
have not heard anything  as to what it  means.  I would like to find out.   If
you are going concourse,  it might generate a deduction.  One would have to
ask the concourse team to  find out.

One other jack could work for you.  It is a King Dick, "B  1881".  It looks
very much like the LJ21 and was understood to have  been substituted for the
LJ21 on occasion.  It uses the same type of  handle.

Best Regards,

Bill