Re: Thermostat

To: "Ned Smith" <smithn00@kitepilot.net>,
Subject: Re: Thermostat
From: bspidell@comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 23:07:25 +0000
Ned,

Can't say for sure what the "jelly like substance" is, though it could be
some leftover machine oil that has emulsified.

At any rate, don't run with plain water alone.  Add soluble oil, or some
anti-freeze, or Water Wetter or some other cooling system lubricant/
protectant.   Plain water will allow corrosion, and you need something
to lubricate the water pump seals.

bs

From: "Ned Smith" <smithn00@kitepilot.net>