Healey Production Line Process/ID #s

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Healey Production Line Process/ID #s
From: jhomonek@mindspring.com
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 14:44:14 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Healey List,

I noticed the white 1960 3000 BN7 Special car that was pulled off the line to
race prepare in the Healey book by Emerson.  This car was a 1960 model with a
VIN of HBN7 5629.

My question is this:  How did the IDs run on the BT7s and BN7s?  Did they run
together...a BT7 as 1234 and then a BN7 as 1235 and then another BT7 as 1236?
As I understand, they were both built on the same line at the same time.  This
is not the chassis # but the VIN with the HBx7 prefix.

Also, does anyone know how many 3000s were produced each week then?

The reason I ask is that my BN7 is HBN7L 5617 and being 12 digits (less or
older) away from the 5629, it could have been on the same line at the same
time.  My BMH certificate says mine was built late November to 1st week of
December of 1959.  That would be the same general timeframe as mine but being
race prepared could have delayed it to 1960..thus a 1960 model.

Thanks in Advance,

John Homonek
Atlanta Club

1959 BN7