Re: MIG welder

To: "Dave Schweninger" <quenty@ntelos.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MIG welder
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 15:34:37 -0500
At the prices you can get them for these days no home shop should be without
one.

The cheapest are actually just wire feed welders, you will probably want to
make sure it is a true MIG with the gas shielding capabilities built in,
also good to have continuos adjustment for both the wire feed speed and the
power level, some just have high low, fast slow etc.

I got my unit at Harbor Freight it is by no means high end, but I have been
very happy with it, esp. compared to the cheap stick welder I got many years
ago that I couldn't even strike a continous arc with.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1