Mig Welder

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mig Welder
From: "Allyn Richardson" <allynrichardson@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 05:21:27 -0700
My .02 cents worth here.....If your going to do mainly sheet metal repair of
existing panels ( patch and mend ) I would get a TIG welder. They are more
controllable for thin gauge sheet metal and have virtually no weld splatter
to clean up. Splatter is a big issue with MIG welders and clean up
(grinding) can take longer and be more difficult than the welding. If you
are going to replace whole panels a MIG welder used to fill plug weld holes
is the way to go, since the wire feed fill on these units is a big time
saver for fill work. The TIG welder takes more practice and is more time
consuming to use than the MIG welder.

Allyn