Re: Throttle Linkage

To: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Subject: Re: Throttle Linkage
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 07:17:56 +0800
Mark -

A good way to adjust the linkages is to push the throttle all the way to the
floor then keep adjusting until the throttle at the carbs is full open.  In
some ways this is a little better because this method will account for any
wear or slop in your system.

By the way, general rule of thumb with thottle levers (and brake balance
levers too) is to always adjust so the lever sits -45 deg from mid point at
closed position and +45 deg at full open, with mid point having 90 deg angle
between lever arm and operating lever.  With this general rule of thumb you
will always have full travel.

Yes, adjust OD switch last.

Alan

'52 A90