Re: BJ7 HANDLING IMPROVEMENTS

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BJ7 HANDLING IMPROVEMENTS
From: "scott@scottjgraham.com" <scott@scottjgraham.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 12:58:09 -0800 (PST)
    I have my BJ7 back on the road with the Putzke suspension upgrade in place.
The car rides a lot better but the rear pitches badly midway thru corners. I
suspect the old leaf springs need overhaul, but before I blow my dough, want to
get the advice of the list. I want to optimize the handling for fast road and
occasional sprint use and have just bought 72 spoke Dunlop 15 x 5.5s and will
fit lower profile rubber than the 185 x 75s I have today. The car has a
limited slip diff and about 130HP at the wheels. What are the lists
recommendations for handling upgrades? Is there a revised leaf spring spec?
Nolathane bushings? Thoughts on adjusting the height of the front, toe in etc.
Aussie readers  any local suppliers you can recommend?
  Thanks Scott
  BJ7 Schappelle
  Sydney Australia