RE: Rotor differnces WAS: Rotor, Bosch follow up

To: "'Alan Seigrist Blue 100'" <healey.nut@gmail.com>,
Subject: RE: Rotor differnces WAS: Rotor, Bosch follow up
From: "Tracy Drummond" <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 07:44:03 -0800
Hi Alan,

I just sent a group of photos to Martin of different rotors and caps (I
horde) hoping he can compile them and post on his web site.

The more I look at #3 the more it makes sense that it would fail and
short-out.  The little metal tab underneath must be really close to the
rivet internally to this rotor.  I concur that these rotors are the weak
ones.  During the after-tour from Nelson I handed a new #3 loaner to a
friend when his #3 failed and after 100 miles it too failed.  I remember it
well because Bill Bolton got ticked-off and chucked it as far as he could.

In short (pun) shy away from them tiny rotors with the round top rivet and
the little metal tab. If they disintegrate it is obvious but they do crack
and short internally and can still look serviceable stumping even the most
seasoned of Healey tinkerers.

Happy trails,

Tracy