Re: Convertible Top Seals

To: "Alan Schultz" <alan@andysnet.net>,
Subject: Re: Convertible Top Seals
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 22:44:54 -0500
Hello all,

The end caps for the convertible top seals are not quite the same shape and
proportions as the originals, but then neither are the seals themselves.
Combine the two dissimilar parts and try to make them fit? Yeah, right!

Therefore a bit of careful cheating is in order. Carefully notch and cut out
the inner V shaped portion so it can actually become trapped into the barbed
portion of the seal. Test fit the cap over the end of the seal, making sure
the end cap fits squarely onto the end of the seal. Clean the outside
diameter of the rubber bulb and the inside of the cap with some isopropyl
alcohol to remove any rubber mould release. Then apply 2 or 3 tiny drops of
a gap filling instant ACC (Crazy Glue or equivalent, I go to a hobby shop
and purchase one called Zap-a-Gap) to the rubber bulb and hold the cap
firmly over it for a few seconds. That will lock the two together for ever.
It will only come loose if you tear the rubber away.

Hope this helps.

Rich Chrysler