Re: Grease for BJ8 Window Tracks

To: rjh <rjh@hockertlaw.us>
Subject: Re: Grease for BJ8 Window Tracks
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 10:27:07 +0800
Jim -

If you are using grease in your window slides and channels for you BJ8, you
have your windows set up wrong.  The slides should work and the mechanism
should lift up and down freely without grease.  Once you put grease in there
it will all be downhill from there - the grease will attract and trap dirt
which will then wear out your nylon slides over time.

To fix it properly:

1) replace your nylon slides on your windows
2) clean your channels of every last bit of dirt
3) if your windows still don't slide properly get in there with an
adjustable wrench with the jaws open about 1/8" and slit it over the edges
of the channels inside the door and open up the channels a bit until it
slides freely.  My experience has been it is usually the rear channel that
is all screwed up for some reason.  Good thing is you can remove it quite
easily and work on it if you have to.

Good Luck!

Alan

'52 A90