Re: Welders and Torque

To: Chris Masucci <sooch@mchsi.com>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Welders and Torque
From: Dave Schweninger <quenty@ntelos.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 14:31:20 -0500
Hello Chris,
Thanks for your input on welders. $500 seems to be the magic number.
Altho Ebay might save a little if I get lucky.
  Regarding Torque, I have a little black book, "Pocket Ref" by
Thomas Glover, It has an incredible amount of information on all
kinds of things. There is a table with various lubricants effect on
dry thread Recommended torque values. Startling. For instance using
Moly-Coat ) you would use 45% of the dry torque value. Take a look.
My copy says TrueValue on the cover, however I saw them at Harbor
Freight also.
Best
Dave and Daisy