Oil Leak

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Leak
From: Larry Swift <mgtd51@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 08:46:55 -0500
When I rebuilt my AH3000 engine, I fitted an after market rear seal.
Unfortunately after I buttoned everything up and started the engine I
discovered a troublesome oil leak.  So out came the gearbox, the clutch
flywheel and the engine back plate.  Upon careful examination of the
rear seal, I can find absolutely no leak.  However, there is oil weeping
from the bearing cap that holds the cam in place.

Is this normal?  Can the bearing  be replaced with the engine in the car?

Thanks,

Larry Swift