BJ8 Calipers

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: BJ8 Calipers
From: "Bob Brown" <BlkBt7@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 15:47:22 -0600
Folks,
I am working on a BJ8 39881. All parts I've purchased have been for a
late BJ8. Last week, I attempted to rebuilt the front brakes, new
rubber, pistons, pads, again ordered late BJ8 parts.
I needed to use a C clamp to get the pistons in place, then when I
attempted to insert the brake pads, they don't fit. And of course the
pistons don't move. I have tried air pressure but no luck.

My first thought after (now) carefully looking at the situation, is that
I have early BJ8 calipers on a late BJ8, is this possible? I have
removed one caliper to look for markings and have found the stamping
TYPE 18P (could be a 16 or 10 not clear).

My questions; are late & early calipers interchangeable? How do I get
the pistons out now that I "forced" them into the calipers? Should I
look for late BJ8 calipers?

Comments?

Bob
BJ8 (daughter's)