Re: The last Palo Alto All British?

To: joe mulqueen <joemulqueen@yahoo.com>, healey list
Subject: Re: The last Palo Alto All British?
From: Ray Juncal <healeyray@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 00:13:26 -0800 (PST)
I must have missed something.  The French and Italian car show takes place at
the same venue (Woodley Park) and has for some time.  They have food service,
new merchandise vendors and auto jumble vendors.  It's a great day in the park.
 Just why is it that the British car show has shut down?  Anyone out there know
the whole story?  Do Fiat and Alfa cough up 40K to put on the show?  I sure
miss the British show.  It used to be another great day in the park.
Ray Juncal

joe mulqueen <joemulqueen@yahoo.com> wrote: Below is a letter from Rick
Feibusch - the guy who
puts on the Palo Alto All British Meet every
September.  He used to organize a similar event in LA
(Woodley Park) until it was shut down/up/down from the
city due to park politics...
JoeMulqueen
'60 BT7 project

Hi Joe,
Things are not the same in LA....... The city has
stacked the cards against "show promoters" who are not
affiliated with charities and without massive
(like a $40K check from Jag or Range Rover, not $500
from Moss) sponsorship directly to a 501c3 charity. It
is hard to set this sort of thing set up - I call it
the charity concours syndrome. I don't know what is
going to happen to the Palo Alto meet as well -
Palo Alto will be building a performance arts center
on El Camino Park so this will be our last year there
and we will look for a new home for the event but
after years of dissapointment here in LA, I'm not
encouraged .....
Thanks for the note and keep in touch, hope to see you
next year in Palo Alto,

Rick