RE: The last Palo Alto All British?

To: "'Ray Juncal'" <healeyray@yahoo.com>, "'joe mulqueen'"
Subject: RE: The last Palo Alto All British?
From: "Ron Davies" <rdavies1@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 07:25:45 -0800
There's always hope.
My 67 BJ8 and I were one of the first ten "founder" of the Crystal Cove Car
Show in Newport Beach 4 years ago. Although not "all British", we often had
20 LBCs each Saturday among the rare and rarified cars. After huge media
coverage (which was the last thing we wanted) it got way out of hand and
became the place to bring your "pimp my ride" car.

The Irvine Company, instead of embracing the popular and profitable weekly
gathering, did everything possible to drive us away, then just shut us out
when we adapted each week to their inane rules.

Luckily Ford's Premier Automotive Group, Irvine CA invited any and all to
come to their very large parking lot and they separate modern from classic
when possible. Although you can't see the ocean anymore, it is fun and one
week they "featured" the British Marque (hold aside one parking area up
front).  Some very rare LBCs showed up. They sell coffee and light
breakfasts.
Take a look at
http://crystalcovecarshow.blogspot.com/2006/12/cars-coffee-highlights-12906.
html

I'd also talk with the people that run the San Diego British Car Day.
www.sandiegobritishcarday.org
They do an amazing job.

Ron Davies
SoCal