BJ7 manifold nuts

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: BJ7 manifold nuts
From: "Frank Edwards" <logical2@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 16:52:03 +0000
Hello to all;
I am assembling my BJ7 engine after a rebuild.  I removed the manifolds 25
years ago (what a mistake).  My question is what are the nuts that hold the
manifolds on?  They are obviously 3/8" fine thread but are they steel or
brass.  Also how deep are they?  I have some brass nuts that are almost
9/16" deep (could be from my '69 midget) and some steel ones that are about
7/16" deep.  Are either of these correct?  The catalogs show different nuts
for the exhaust and for the intake.
I had all the parts for this car stored in my barn in plastic bags with
notes in the bags as to their use.  It appears that the squirrels didn't
like my system and rearranged it over the years.
Thanks for your help

Frank R. Edwards
570-784-4662
logical2@hotmail.com

Dave vs. Carl: The Insignificant Championship Series.  Who will win?
http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://davevscarl.spaces.live.com/?icid=T001MSN38C07001