Wiper motor information

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wiper motor information
From: "P.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 19:11:36 +0100
Friends,
I'm fighting a battle with my windscreen wiper motor and up till now I'm
on the losing side. The unit ran well when I restored it 3 years ago.
Shelved it awaiting completion of the car. Now that I need the unit and
tested it before fitting - no movement at all. Found a loose wire
inside, soldered it to the correct point (with grateful thanks to
E.Lawrie Rhoads for his help) but still cannot get any movement out of
the b.....d. I don't even get sparks when I put +12 V  on the #2
terminal and  - on the motor itself.
Lifted the carbon brushes, fitted insulating material between both
brushes and the commutator and when I connected the battery again I got
12 V against earth on both carbon brushes. I'm baffled.
Is there anyone out there in the Healey community who can help me with a
wiring diagram of the wiper motor please? Would like to enter the new
year with a running wiper motor!
Thanks and regards, and a Happy new Year!
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432