Blown head gasket

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Blown head gasket
From: "Ted Schroeder" <tedseven@torchlake.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 13:16:39 -0500
Thanks to Dave Russel, Dave Porter and Paul for all your help.

 I contacted Gasket Works copper@headgasket.com.  They make the stainless
.004" rings. They said that the rings may not work with a standard gasket
and recommend their solid copper gasket that comes in various thicknesses -
.022-.125.  I'm not sure what the thickness of a stock compressed gasket is.
They suggested .043.  That seems awfully thin to me but what do I know.  Has
anyone had experience with these copper gaskets?

I'd like to take take this less invasive approach and see what happens.

Also, is the 'head deck thickness' the depth of the combustion chamber?

Thanks again,
Ted