Re: Torque specs non-Healey

To: Rick Swain <grain@tdcmailbox.com>, Healey List
Subject: Re: Torque specs non-Healey
From: "J. Scott Morris" <jstmorris@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 12:19:13 -0500 (EST)
Hello Rick;   Here are two files that concern Grade 5 & Grade 8 fasteners.  The
first contains a general discussion along with a table of fasteners by type,
material, diameter, and tensile & shear capability.  The second file contains
torque and clamp loads for both grades.  Hopefully these files will provide the
information you need.  Good luck.
  --Scott Morris;   Simcoe, Ontario, Canada;  '62 3000 MkII BT7-driver, '60
3000 MkI BN7-project

Rick Swain <grain@tdcmailbox.com> wrote: << Happy new year everybody
I'm working on a small Italian motorcycle with a fairly sketchy shop manual. No
torque figures are given for any of the fasteners. I've seen generic lists of
recommended torque figures for various sizes of nuts and bolts but can't
remember where I saw them. Can anybody point me in the right direction? >>

J. Scott Morris - Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/msword which had a name
of Nut & Bolt-What grade to use.doc]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/msword which had a name
of Bolt Torques.doc]