Re: junk

To: "Kurtis J." <tr4driver@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: junk
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 10:18:17 -0800
re:
"It takes months AND releasing your address willy-nilly to start getting
spam again. "

Not necessarily.  If anybody you've emailed has your address stored in
their contacts list (many
do this automatically), and that computer get compromised, you're on a
spammer's list.   Same
with your ISP ... if their list of clients gets compromised, you're on
list(s).

This problem has gotten seriously worse in the last few months (Cisco
just spent almost
$700M on a company that develops "messaging security" products ... it's
big business now).
My feeling is that it's up to the ISP to invest in gear that limits
spam; it's in their best interest
to do so anyway.

bs