Special Test Healeys - NOJ

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Special Test Healeys - NOJ
From: sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 18:52:29 +1100
Three NOJ cars were prepared for LeMans, NOJ391,392,393
Two were entered and the third as a spare.
Prior to the race one of the official entries was damaged in a public road
accident. The very French regulations prevented the use of the spare car and so
Geoff and Roger transfered all the I.D. parts from the race chassis to the
spare car and raced two as intended. Engines etc were inspected in UK by the
RAC for capacity and stamped and so car swaps were not so easy.

NOJ392 until recently was in Australia and had been fully restored. Roger
Menadue came to Melbourne for our National Rally and inspected his old company
car. After LeMans NOJ was fitted with Dunlop 4 whhel discs for development
purposes and there are photos of Roger towing his fishing dinghy behind the
LeMans race car.It is to be noted that all its life this working car has run on
all Lucas components to ensure its reliability. All that has been required is a
little adjustment, some lubrication and maintenance to factory specs.
During the restoration original documents from LeMans were found in the door
pocket which added a nice touch of originality.
I believe this car has recently sold to UK.

See Bill Emerson's excellant book for photos.

Joe