Re: Hazard warning

To: Warren Dietz <flyhihealey@hotmail.com>, Healey forum
Subject: Re: Hazard warning
From: "Ph.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 15:49:29 +0100
Warren, yes, I just did because all cars in Holland must have one,
irrespective of age.
I found a 84 Watt flasher for something like 5 dollars and bought a
Double Pole Double Throw  switch for 3 dollars. Fitted the flasher can
close to the original flasher, ran one heavy wire from the fuse box to
the flasher unit, one heavy wire from the flasher unit through the
firewall to the DPDT switch in the interior, connected both switch poles
on the feed side and ran two wires, one from every pole, back through
the firewall and along the cable harness to the connectors in the
flasher lines just below the steering box. Replaced the single
connectors by double connectors, stuck the two wires from the switch
into the double connectors and Bob was my uncle. It even worked when
tested! Only thing I don't know yet is what happens when I have my
trafficator switch to the left or the right (so not neutral) and switch
on the hazard lights - my steering wheel is not fitted yet.
Hope this story helps. If not, I'm fully prepared to come over and fix
it for you when you pay my flight!
Good luck.
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432