Re: Hazard warning

To: "Warren Dietz" <flyhihealey@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Hazard warning
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 07:22:40 +0800
Hi Warren -

I have this switch installed on my BJ8 - it is required to have a 4
way hazard light switch to pass your first MOT in HK.

The switch is pretty good, albeit it took some time to figure out how
to install it in my early BJ8,

Since you have a later BJ8 with independent flashers, installation
will be MUCH easier.  With my early BJ8 I had to run 4 seperate wires
to each indicator's terminal on the flasher relay with the cutout
circuit run against the brake switch, wheras you will only need to run
two wires (one for each side of the car) and you would run your cutout
circuit on the flasher, not the brakes.

By the way, this Lucas switch (it is the best switch kit I've seen,
really) is no longer available and only produced very sporadically...
so if you really want it you should get it.  I just bought the very
last three units Holden had for my mechanic here in HK.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1
'64 BJ8