Re: SV: Ring Gears

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: SV: Ring Gears
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 17:23:04 -0800
We took a (somewhat) worn ring gear off a flywheel and installed a new
one.  To remove, heat
the gear with an oxy-acetylene torch (doesn't have to be "cherry red"
hot).  To replace, you can
chill the flywheel in the freezer (we didn't do that), similarly heat
the new gear and let it slip over
the flywheel.

Maybe we just got lucky, but my father didn't think it was a big deal.

bs