Re: Ring Gears

To: "rjh" <rjh@hockertlaw.us>, "'Per Schoerner'"
Subject: Re: Ring Gears
From: "Bluechipracing" <bluechipracing@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 08:42:28 -0500
  Good Advice, Jim.

  I installed a new ring gear by heating it in the kitchen oven to 400 F,
meanwhile the flywheel went into the freezer for an hour or so.  Then on a
flat plywood on the kitchen table, they went together just fine with a
little help from the copper knockoff hammer.  Be quick when you take the
parts from the oven and freezer, use pot holders or oven gloves, and do this
while the little lady is away for the day.

  Jim Smith