annodizing cockpit trim

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: annodizing cockpit trim
From: "Allen C Miller, Jr." <acmiller@mhcable.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 08:28:41 -0500
I have saved a prior thread item from Mick Vander Ploeg which highly
recommends Ano-Brite in North Hollywood, CA for re-annodizing cockpit trims. I
have found no other sources for traditional annodizing in New England, which
would be closer to home.

My local plater did an early BN1 'gauge pod' insert for the dash and it came
out wonderfully, but the annodizing was done in a commercial bath, and was
not, as he acknowledges, traditional bright dipped annodizing which yields the
perfect satin sheen. The effect was more like well-painted aluminum, which was
the effect I was after on that application, anyway.

However, with the cockpit trims, I am after period looking perfection, and
would like to send the trims out to the best around.

Does anyone have experience with Ano-Brite who can confirm the quality of
work?

Does anyone have a closer source in New England? The 100M trims are matching
number stamped and I am reluctant to mail them to a stranger, or entrusting
them to Fed Ex ( I have intrusive thoughts of Tom Hanks using them as survival
tools to gouge nourishment from sea urchins ala 'Castaway').

Allen Miller BN2M