Ebay question

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Ebay question
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 20:08:54 EST
I'm looking at a particular Ebay auction (NOT for Austin-Healey so don't be
concerned with the specifics) in which the bidding information is  shown in
that format where the bidders are not identified except by  numbers and their
detailed ebay history is not shown.

What concerns me in this auction is that there are only four bidders  and
three of the four have "bid activity with this seller"  percentages ranging
from
33% to 87%.  Given that the auction is  with a reserve price am I right in
suspecting that there may be shill  bidders involved here or am I not
understanding how the process works?

Best--Michael Oritt