RE: Alternator wiring

To: "'Sid & Maria Bronson'" <scbronson5@msn.com>,
Subject: RE: Alternator wiring
From: "Tracy Drummond" <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 05:26:01 -0800
Sid,

The conversion is very very simple.  I have a diagram but only on paper that
came in the kit I bought from Don. I am happy to send you a photo of it.
Give Don a call or me a call and I can walk you through it.  To send you a
hard copy I will need a fax number or your mailing address.

Don has a description of it here

http://www.ntahc.org/techtips/Alternator/Alternatorconv.htm

I posted some photos on the GGAHC website Gallery - Technical here

http://www.goldengatehealeys.com

I used NAPA PN  213-4011.  I gutted a bad regulator and made a buss bar. Do
not use the NAPA connector, it is unreliable.  Just use spade lugs.

One day I will tell you of how the red wire spade lug was broken just after
installation and my Healey was pushed through the 4th of July parade with a
flat battery and no charging.  The past mayor who rode with me was very
polite about the embarrassment.

My neighbors said it was clever to have a British car pushed through this
American celebration.  I did not correct them.

Tracy Drummond
President AHCUSA
VP/Events Director GGAHC

PS - Attached is the diagram photo - I know it will be stripped from the
list.  It is also posted on the GGAHC site mentioned above.

Tracy Drummond
President AHCUSA
VP/Events Director GGAHC