RE: BJ8 Door Issues -

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: BJ8 Door Issues -
From: "Warren Dietz" <flyhihealey@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 05:49:07 -0500
Price wrote.....

" What kind of lubricant would you use on the
mechanicals of the window?  I'm thinking that graphite would be best as it
would
not attract/retain dirt and dust."

Price, ...  I use small amount of grease... not in channels...
Warren
67 Bj8

     This may be helpful.......?

  Alan wrote Nov. 2006(archives)

"If you are using grease in your window slides and channels for you BJ8, you
have your windows set up wrong.  The slides should work and the mechanism
should lift up and down freely without grease.  Once you put grease in there
it will all be downhill from there - the grease will attract and trap dirt
which will then wear out your nylon slides over time."

"To fix it properly:

1) replace your nylon slides on your windows
2) clean your channels of every last bit of dirt
3) if your windows still don't slide properly get in there with an
adjustable wrench with the jaws open about 1/8" and slit it over the edges
of the channels inside the door and open up the channels a bit until it
slides freely.  My experience has been it is usually the rear channel that
is all screwed up for some reason.  Good thing is you can remove it quite
easily and work on it if you have to."

Good Luck!

Alan

'52 A90