Re: Powder Coat vs Urethane

To: "Dan Stromquist" <dan@warner-associates.com>, "Healey List"
Subject: Re: Powder Coat vs Urethane
From: "Kevin" <krogers@new.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 11:07:02 -0600
Dan, I was given this option when I was at the stage of bare chassis. I was
told the powder was going to be "close" to the color I wanted where as the
catalyzed Urethane could be mixed to exactly the color I wanted. The
urethane is very durable and resistant to most chemicals including brake
fluid. Keep in mind I haven't tried testing brake fluid for any length of
time however an incidental spill wiped off quickly did no harm to the
finish. The brand of urethane used was industrial grade "Pitthane Ultra"
from PPG. I had the work done at an industrial coatings shop.

The color they sprayed is exactly the color I wanted. The body shop will
match the exterior paint to the chassis. It is going to paint in 3 weeks. I
cant believe I am this close.

Good Luck
Kevin R