Re: Removing Varnish on Dash

To: robert.w.johnson@charter.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Removing Varnish on Dash
From: BillHUCK@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 13:35:22 EST
The BJ8 dash is not varnished but is coated with a thick layer of epoxy
resin.

Twenty-five ears ago I fixed my badly cracked BJ8 dash by carefully peeling
off those portions of the finish that were not adhering properly, I then pored
a two-part resin onto those peeled areas while maintaining the dash perfectly
level. No sanding required. Repair undetectable.

The 'EnviroTex' resin I then used is still viable, I used it yesterday. The,
then, manufacturer was:

     Environmental Technology. Inc.     Fields Landing, CA   95537

Bill Huck,
BN1 (which may soon be for sale)