Re: Fw: Windshield gasket

To: "Allen C Miller, Jr." <acmiller@mhcable.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: Windshield gasket
From: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 19:24:30 -0700
Hi Allen,

Old fashioned glazing tape is very similar & works well. It is a thin
woven cloth with semi adhesive on both sides. Kind of like old black
two sided friction tape. I think most glass shops have it.

Fold as many layers as needed over the glass.
Moisten the tape with lighter fluid. The tape becomes very slippery &
sticky.
Assemble the glass into the channels.
Let the solvent evaporate. The glass & frame will be firmly glued
together.
Trim the tape flush with the surround.
Result - A firmly sealed glass with no troubles.

This is also a favorite way to stick the grips on motorcycle handle bars.

Today there are several "solvent set" tapes available with different
base materials. There are also choices of which solvent to use.

Regards,
Dave Russell
BN2