RE: oil pump priming

To: "'Freese, Ken'" <Kendall.Freese@Aerojet.com>,
Subject: RE: oil pump priming
From: "Ron Davies" <rdavies1@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 16:58:26 -0800
I went through this several years ago and it might still be in the archives.
Rule #1. If you remove the pan, get it back on in an hour or so, not in a
few days while waiting for the missing bolt not sent you.
Rule #2 follow #1.

I had to disconnect the tube for the oil pressure gauge at the engine block
and inject oil in there with a syringe. Takes a long, long time.
Then you reconnect to the pressure gauge. When you get pressure it will be
with a wildly swinging or vibrating needle.  Disconnect the tube from the
back of the gauge and run the engine to get the air out of the tube, then
connect while running to the gauge. Messy. Have lots of rags.
Ron Davies
SoCal
67 BJ8
97 DB7