Adhesive for heat shield

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Adhesive for heat shield
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 21:52:44 -0500
While the engine is out of my car I have decided to make a few other
improvements, one of which is to insulate the cockpit better.  Since the
carpet is very much glued to the tunnel I would like to add the aluminum foil
faced insulation to the inside or underside of the trany tunnel.

I started to use some Kryon general purpose spray on adhesive, but I don't
think it will hold up to the heat, oil, etc. very well, any thoughts on a good
adhesive to use, maybe something from the local big box hardware store,
preferably not too exensive as I do have a little bit of area to cover.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1