Re: Adhesive for heat shield

To: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Adhesive for heat shield
From: "David Crawford" <dcrawfor@san.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 20:15:13 -0700
Hey Greg,

Make sure to seal the one area where heat from the engine compartment is
forced
into the passenger/driver compartment.  That's the connection of the
bulkhead
pannel to the forward tunnel frame, where pressure is trapped as speed is
increased and finds its way against your right foot and ankle.  The bulkhead
connection forms a box of sorts, and heated air off the manifold gets
trapped
and forced at hurricane pressure through any small crack it can find.  Make
sure
the two surfaces of the bulkhead pannel and the forward section of bell
housing
tunnel are seriously sealed - or no matter the amount of insulation added to
the tunnel
or firewall will not help.  Can you envision this area clearly? I hope so.

Don't ask me how I know.

As to adheasive, I used a 3M contact spray glue that works like magic.

the scruffy one
San Diego
BN1