Old Used Parts

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Old Used Parts
From: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 08:40:30 -0400
Now that I am coming to the end of my first and last Healey ground up.   I
find myself continuing to relocate the boxes that contain the old parts from
my car.

Some of these I suppose could be restored but most seem to by right on the
border line of the pitch or save game.

Not knowing who will be taking over the proprietorship  of my car in the
future its hard to say if these parts would be of any value to that person.
To me these parts were like words to a famous novel.
With out them the final creation could not have been achieved to its maximum
or at  worst, it would have taken much longer, god forbid.  They are literally
pieces to a long drawn out puzzle and every time I toss one away it ends up
back on the shelf thinking  "what if".

This wide assortment includes the Master Cylinders, connectors, grommets,
nuts/bolts, brake parts, wire wheels eventually, hubs,
seat pans, many many trany parts, engine parts, interior vinyl and carpet
(with original Eng.car scents) and the list goes on.  This really does put the
verse, " one persons trash is anothers persons treasure" into reality.

Is there a central  "Healey Used Parts Depot" some where.  I'm kidding of
course,  but maybe there should be just in case
there comes a time that these parts fall into the unobtainium syndrome.

Maybe I'll just keep it all in a corner for now and when the project is
totally complete I'll have my own personal "dump a thon "
to give me a serious type of Closure.  I sense that a lot of restorers need
that after a ground up.   It sure has been a  long, long road, but from the
stories that I have been told, its worth it.

I guess I'm curious what the rest of you have done with the old "pieces of
your puzzle" . Are they still sitting around in a box
waiting for the next generation to open to relive the story or did you need
some of that "Serious Closure".

Mark