Re: A call for safety advice

To: "Douglas W Flagg" <dwflagg@juno.com>, <bighealey@charter.net>
Subject: Re: A call for safety advice
From: "David Crawford" <dcrawfor@san.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 16:47:00 -0700
Doug, I've been happily driving them since 1958. The only
accident happened to my parked 1960 Healey the first day
across the border into Mexico.  I was getting my visa stamped
when a kid in a pickup backed into the driver's front fender. Not
really bad damage - just ticked me off.  His dad ran an auto
agency in Nogales - gave me 50 bucks and told me to get it
fixed. Back then, 50 bucks did it.  Drove to Guadalajara and
back without killing a cow or doing any more damage.

Like you, I really DRIVE my cars, (lead foot) but I give everyone
lots of room, don't tailgate or take stupid chances. Our cars are
small, but there are a lot more little roadsters on the roads today.
I think people are getting used to them.  People often hang too
close, but it's to get a better look at the cars.

I may install 5 point safety belts - maybe.  Just to nail my butt
to the seat.

Live large,

the scruffy coyote
'54 BN1