Re: A call for safety advice

To: tomfelts@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: A call for safety advice
From: Douglas W Flagg <dwflagg@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 08:30:40 -0400
Tom,

I remember buying my very first 100 when I worked at Grumman on Long
Island in the late 60's. The speedo didn't work, and for that matter
probably not much else did either!! On my way home, after picking it up,
on the Southern State Parkway I felt a slight drop in the rear of the
car. Immediately after which the rear driver's side wheel, hub and all,
came by me and down the road!! Of course when I pumped the brake the back
end dropped down to the road. I did find the wheel and with the help of
someone who stopped, managed to get it back on the car and limp home.
Although, not before the "good Samaritan" had put his jack through the
boot floor trying to lift the car!!. It was an early '53 with an aluminum
bonnet. I eventually sold the car but probably should have held on to it
(right Rich?). When young and indestructible you often throw caution to
the wind.

Doug